Seismic and Earthquake Testing
Simulate Nature's Destructive Power in the Lab
Data Physics vibration controllers can accurately replicate damaging earthquake vibrations on a seismic earthquake table. Excite single- or multi- axis vibrations, using time waveforms, transients, or an SRS as your reference profile.
Earthquake tables come in many shapes and sizes – Data Physics Controllers can control any and all of them.
- Single or Multi-Shaker Excitation
- Single or Multi-Axis Excitation
- Hydraulic Actuators
Test to different earthquake standards or use different reference profile types such as:
- IEEE 344
- ICC-ES AC156
- Time History or Shock Replication
- SRS Shock
Multi-Axis Earthquake Simulation Controller
Data Physics Controllers can control large, multi-axis earthquake simulator vibration tables
- Multi-Axis Transient Replication: Record transient signals to replicate, or import them from an external file
- Multi-Axis SRS Shock Vibration: Generate Shock pulses that conform to a defined SRS pulse in each axis
- Multi-Axis Sine: Excite large structures at their resonant frequency
- Control any number of actuators in any orientation for increased force capability
- Control translations in 1, 2, or all 3 axes simultaneously
- Accurately replicate all damaging effects of an earthquake in the lab
Complete Earthquake Test System
NVT Group partner company Team Corporation manufactures a high displacement earthquake table, the SEISMIC SIMULATION TEST SYSTEM. This system is easily controlled with the 900 Series controller, and together they offer a turnkey solution to run a wide variety of earthquake pulses – both pre-defined specs or user generated signals.