Last Updated on September 26, 2022 by dpnew
Nasa recently performed a full-scale vibration test on the Orion Service Module. The test was conducted on world’s most powerful spacecraft shaker system, located at NASA Glenn’s Plum Brook Station (MVF). The shaker was provided by NVT Group family member, Team Corporation and is controlled by the Data Physics multi-shaker control system.
Mechanical Vibration Facility (MVF) Highlights:
- 75,000 lbs. max test article mass
- 77 ft. test article height
- 4,650,000 lbs. seismic mass
- Frequency performance from 5-150 Hz.
- Maximum vertical static force 720,000 lbs.